FRANCES THOMASINE CROUCH, born 1918 in Leesville, SC;
daughter of Thomas B. CROUCH born 1882
& Nancy C. FLEMING born 1882;
died 14-Mar-1987 at her home in Jamaica Plain, MA.
B.A. degree from Columbia College in Columbia, SC.
During World War II, served with the U.S. Navy in Charleston, SC as Lieutenant JG.
Moved to Boston, MA after the war and earned a Masters degree in education from Boston State College.
Taught English from 1966 to 1985 at Brighton High School in Boston.
Traveled to India in 1984 on a Fulbright Scholarship through Bridgewater State College.
Resided on Lawn Street in Roxbury, MA and at 10 Harris Avenue in Jamaica Plain, MA.
In Memoriam - Obituary Notice, 1987
Married 1944 in Columbia, SC to
Archie P. CARABER,
born 27-Jan-1918 in Boston, MA;
son of James CARABER born 1890
& Viola CARANICOLAS born 1887;
died 15-Aug-1992 in Jamaica Plain, MA;
buried 21-Aug-1992 in Massachusetts National Cemetery, Bourne, MA.
Children of Frances & Archie:
Nancy Viola Caraber, born Apr-1945 in Columbia, SC;
married Mar-1981 to David B. TUTTLE, 2 children;
- Zenda Jo Caraber, born Oct-1951 in Boston, MA;
married May-1980 to David H. SINCLAIR Jr., 2 children;
- Suzanne Caraber, born Jan-1953 in Boston, MA;
married Mar-1975 to George MUMFORD, no children; divorced Sep-1977;
- Pamela Jane Caraber, born Sep-1956 in Boston, MA;
married Nov-1977 to Thomas O. TISDELL, 1 child;
Frances Crouch Caraber
25 March 1945
Frances C. Caraber
c1950, First Baptist Church
Jamaica Plain, MA
- Direct personal experience & data from Nancy V. (Caraber) Tuttle;
- Vital records of Columbia, SC, and Suffolk County, MA;
- Handwritten family record sheets received Nov-2000 from Pamela Caraber;
- "Genealogical Chart - Seraphim/Karanicholas Family",
31-May-1997 from Aretta Kotalis to Andrew Caraber, Sr.