JOHN GEORGE CROUCH, born c1750 in NC or VA;
son of John CROUCH born c1725
& __?__ born __;
served in the Revolutionary War;
died Jun-1791 in Edgefield County, SC.
Married c1770 to Margaret __?__;
born c1753 in _____;
died aft. 1791 in _____, SC.
Children of John & Margaret:
- John Crouch, born __;
- Elizabeth Crouch, born __; married bef. 1791 to __?__ BOWLIN;
- Tolliver Crouch, born __;
- Isaac Crouch, born __ in Edgefield County, SC;
married to Elizabeth __?__, 5 children; died 1840 in Edgefield County, SC.
Bailey Crouch, born c1775-81; married c1800 to Mary
WEST, 3 children; died c1840 in Edgefield County, SC.
- State Records, Memorial Plats Vol 5 p528 SC Archives:
- "John George Krouch, 50 acres on Shaw's Creek, a branch of Edisto River,
bounding on all sides on land not yet laid out. Moses Kirkland Dep't Surveyor.
Surveyed 10 Aug 1772, Warrented 7 April 1772, delivered to Sec 29 Jan 1773."
- Edgefield Co. Wills Box 36, pkg 1362 - Abstract of will of John Crouch:
- "John Crouch will recorded June 1791 (will on file); names wife Margaret,
children: John Crouch, Elizabeth Bowlin, Tolliver Crouch, Isaack Crouch, and Bailey Crouch."
- State Plats Vol. 25 p180 #2:
- "I do hereby certify for John Crouch a tract of land containing two hundred acres
(surveyed for him the 12 day of May 1789) situate in the district of Orangeburgh
on waters of Saluda River, on branches of a creek called Holle Creek emptying in
the south side of said Saluda and hath such form & markes buttings &
boundings as the above plat represents.
Given under my hand the 19th day of July 1790
Wm. Wright F Bremar
Dept. surv surv. gen."