NANCY DAWSON, born Apr-1810 in OH;
daughter of William
DAWSON born 1787 & Margaret HAMPTON
died 1901 in OH; buried in Edinburg, OH, cemetery.
Married 1832 in Portage County, OH, to John McCombs;
born 19-Sep-1802 in VA;
son of David McCombs born 1779 & Nancy _____
served in the War of 1812; moved to Edinburg Township, OH, in
died 26-Aug-1875 at age 74; buried in Edinburg cemetery,
Portage County, OH.
Children of Nancy & John:
- John Wesley
McCombs, born 26-Mar-1833; married (1) 24-Jan-1861
to Emily L. CRANE; married (2) Mar-1888 to Mary A.
MACK, 1 child; died bef 1920.
- William McCombs, born c1834;
Margaret McCombs, born Nov-1835 in PA;
married 20-Sep-1854 in OH to Hiram A. TUTTLE, 2
children; died 30-Mar-1919 in Edinburg, OH.
- Calista J. McCombs, born 6-Sep-1837; died 7-Mar-1842
at age 4 yr, 6 mo, 1 dy.
- David McCombs, born 19-Feb-1839; died 10-Mar-1842
at age 3 yr, 19 dy.
- Hannah McCombs, born 12-Dec-1840; died 19-Mar-1842
at age 1 yr, 3 mo, 7 dy.
- Norman N. McCombs, born 1841; Civil War
- Wilbur William McCombs, born c1844;
- Anna McCombs, born c1846; married Alexander B.
- Sarah McCombs, born c1847; married B. GODARD;
Listed in U.S. Census of 1840 for :
Listed in U.S. Census of 1850 for :
- "The Descendants of Moses Hampton (1762-1825) and
Hannah (Van Natta) Hampton (1769-1856)", compiled by
Mark Lane Brunner, Sep-2001;
- Vol. VIII, Compendium of American Genealogy, First
Families of America;
- The Tuttle Family, Descendants of William &
Elizabeth, George F. Tuttle, 1883;
- "The New Haven Magazine", Volume 8;