JACOB ROOT, born 2-Feb-1653/54 in Hartford, CT;
son of Thomas ROOTE
born 1605 & Elizabeth _____ born ____;
died 9-Aug-1731 in Hebron, Tolland County, CT.
Moved 9-May-1654 to Northampton, MA, with parents & siblings.
Moved 1705 to Hebron, Tolland County, CT, as one of the first settlers.
Married 2-Feb-1680 in Northampton, MA, to Mary FRARY;
born 24-Jul-1662 in Deerfield. MA;
daughter of Sampson FRARY born ____ & Mary DANIELS born ____;
died 8-Feb-1743/44 in Hebron, Tolland County, CT.
Children of Jacob & Mary:
Root, born 5-Nov-1681; married 7-Dec-1703 to
Samuel POMEROY of Northampton, MA, 3 children; died
- Daniel Root, born 2-Oct-1684;
- Jacob Root,
born 15-Jun-1687; killed 1776.
- Mary Root, born 24-Nov-1689; died 15-Oct-1735.
- Margaret Root, born Oct-1691; married (1) 25-Jun-1727
to John WARNER; married (2) to _____ TRUMBULL; died
Jun-1793 in Marlborough, CT, at age 101.
William Root, born 17-Jan-1694/95;
- Hezekiah Root, born 13-Oct-1697; died before 1728.
- Ruth Root, born 7-Feb-1698/99; "stayed unmarried on the old farm";
died Mar-1787 at age 88.
- Nathaniel Root, born 16-Nov-1702;
- Jonathan Root, born 2-Apr-1705; died c1783.
- Family history information collected from living
relatives by Mrs. Olive Root Meader;
- Root family notes compiled by Captain Lloyd E. Root, CEC
USN (Ret.), of Bellevue, WA, for the Root/Meader/Tuttle
reunion, Sanbornton, NH, 1990;
- Root family GEDCOM information retrieved from the Internet, 1998;
- "Descendants of Thomas Roote", MS-Word report
received Jan-2000 from Richard G. Nelson of California;