MARY "POLLY" STEWART, born 7-Mar-1809 in Athens Township, Athens County, OH;
daughter of Daniel B. STEWART born 1762 &
Ruth A. FULFORD born 1772;
died 15-May-1857 in Washington County, OH; a school teacher.
Married 25-Mar-1829 in Athens Township, OH, to Levi ROOT;
born 9-Apr-1809 in Viola Township, Livingston County, NY;
son of Orning/Ornon
ROOT born 1776 & Elizabeth (Betsy) CHAMBERLAIN;
Levi married (2) c1863 in Athens County, OH, to Rachel
COHEN of Wilford, OH;
died Aug/Sep-1891 in Grundy County, MO.
Children of Polly & Levi:
- Ezra Stewart Root, born 31-Jan-1831; married
Mary McCREARY, 6 children;
- Harriet Root, born 22-Nov-1832; married Henry
TEDROW, 1 child;
- Daniel Ornon Root, born 24-Sep-1834 in Athens,
OH; married Sarah LANE Winkler, 10 children; died 18-Feb-1917
in Newman, IL.
- Sarah Jane Root, born 9-Jul-1836; married
James (Jim) DWIGGINS, 1 child;
- William Henry Root, born 13-Sep-1838; killed
in Civil War.
- John Wesley Root, born 5-Oct-1840; married
Anna Eliza MOOR, 8 children;
- Rosmer Levissy Root, born 22-Jul-1842; married
(1) James MOOR, 3 children; married (2) Joseph
TURNER, 3 children;
- Ruth Elizabeth Root, born 24-Feb-1843 (?);
married (1) William O'NEAL; married (2) James R.
JACKSON; total of 5 children;
- Charles Levi Root, born 7-Jan-1845; married
Annie WALKER; several children including Wesley Root,
- Lawrence Eugene Root, born 16-Nov-1847;
married Vashti WINKLER, step- daughter of Daniel
Ornon Root, above; 7 children;
- Francis Marion Root, born c1850; married Lucy
__?__, 1 child;
Lewis Fletcher Root,
born 27-Jan-1852; married 1875 to
Sarah E. POLLOCK, 7 children; died 1943 in Akron, IA.
- Root family notes compiled by Captain Lloyd E. Root, USN
(Ret.), of Bellevue, WA, for Root/Meader/Tuttle reunion,
- Family data from Lewis Fletcher Root, 1852-c1913;
- "Descendants of Thomas Roote", MS-Word report
received Jan-2000 from Richard G. Nelson of California;
- LDS Family Search Pedigree Resource Files, CD #13, Pin #1003731,
- "Generations of Stewart's", manuscript received
Aug-2002 from Nyal