JOHN TUTTLE, born 15-Sep-1657 in New Haven, CT:
son of John TUTTLE born
1631 & Catherine LANE born c1632;
alive 7-Nov-1743; died before 1-Aug-1759 in Lebanon, CT; had no estate.
Served in King Philip's War, according to some reports.
Married 29-May-1689 in New Haven, CT, to Mary
born 14-Dec-1672 in New London, New London County, CT;
daughter of John BURROUGHS born 1649 & Hannah CULVER born 1652;
died bef. 1723 by some reports, still living on 1-Aug-1759 by other records.
Children of John & Mary:
- Ephraim Tuttle,
born 2-Apr-1690; married c1710's in Lebanon or
Groton, CT, to Sarah CULVER, 4 children; died 1730's
in the Barnegat area, NJ.
Tuttle, born 5-Sep-1692; married 21-Jan-1714 in
Newbury, MA, to Judith CHASE, 7 children;
- Nathan Tuttle, born 20-Jan-1695;
- Mary Tuttle, born 26-Dec-1696;
- James Tuttle, born 9-Apr-1699;
- Daniel Tuttle, baptised 1702;
- Hannah Tuttle, baptised May-1703;
- died young;
- Stephen Tuttle, baptised 29-Jun-1707;
- Ebenezer Tuttle, baptised 14-May-1710;
- Jemima Tuttle, baptised 2-May-1714.
- "Tuttle & Tuthill Lines in America",
compiled & published by Alva M. Tuttle; Columbus OH, 1968;
- "Descendants of William & Elizabeth Tuttle",
George F. Tuttle; Tuttle & Company, Rutland VT, 1883;
- "The New Haven Magazine", volume 8, and
Connecticut Colonial Records;
- Data collected by Albert E. Tuttle of Brookline, MA, and
- Data from Donald Lines Jacobus, a famous Connecticut
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register,