JOHN TUTTLE, born 20-Feb-1726 in Lebanon, CT;
son of John TUTTLE born 1692 &
Judith CHASE born 1697;
died 1790 in Sunderland, MA.
Served in French & Indian Wars, according to some reports.
Married 17-Jul-1747 in Lebanon, CT, to Eunice ALLEN;
baptised 17-Nov-1728 in Westerly, RI;
daughter of Samuel ALLEN born c1675 & Catherine MOREHOUSE
died 1809 in Sunderland, MA.
Children of John & Eunice:
- Lucy Tuttle, born 14-Feb-1748;
- James Tuttle, born 25-feb-1749;
- Lydia Tuttle, born c1752;
- Ruth Tuttle, born 10-Jul-1754; married Nathan Rice;
- Joseph Tuttle, born 31-Aug-1756;
- Eunice Tuttle, born c1760;
Tuttle, born 8-Apr-1763; married (1) c1781 in
Sunderland, MA, to Abigail RICE, 6 children, 1
living; married (2) 20-Jul-1790 in Sunderland, MA, to
Sarah BROAD, 8 children, 7 living; married (3) Jan-1805
in Sunderland, MA, to Polly PARKER, 9 children; died
19-Oct-1829 in Palmyra, OH.
- "Tuttle & Tuthill Lines in America",
compiled & published by Alva M. Tuttle; Columbus OH, 1968;
- "Narrative of the Life of Joseph Tuttle", an
undated manuscript in the possession, in 1954, of Glen G.
Tucker of Warren, OH.
- Data at various times to Alva M. Tuttle from Glen G. Tucker of Warren, OH;
- Item from the genealogical column of the Hartford (CT) Times;
- Data collected by Albert E. Tuttle of Brookline, MA, and Dublin, NH;
- "History of Early Lebanon, CT";
- Data on Samuel Allen posted to Ancestry.com World Family Tree 18-Feb-2001 by Sheri Nye
- "Descendants of William & Elizabeth Tuttle",
George F. Tuttle; Tuttle & Company, Rutland VT, 1883;
- The New Haven Magazine, Volume 8;