JOHN TUTTELL / TUTTLE, baptised 8-Dec-1631 in Ringstead, Northampton, England;
son of William TUTTELL born 1607 &
Elizabeth MATHEWS born 1612;
died 12-Nov-1683 in New Haven, CT.
Emigrated Apr-1635 as a child on the small barque Planter;
arrived Jun-1635 in Boston, MA, with his parents, two
uncles and their families, and other relations.
Married 8-Nov-1653 in New Haven, CT, to
born c1632 in _____, [probably] England;
daughter of John LANE born 1603 & __?__ born c1607;
died 1669 in Milford, New Haven County, CT.
Children of John & Catherine:
- Hannah Tuttle, born 2-Nov-1655;
Tuttle, born 15-Sep-1657; married 29-May-1689 to
Mary BURROUGHS, 11 children; died c1759 in Lebanon,
- Samuel Tuttle, born 9-Jan-1660;
- Sarah Tuttle, born 22-Jan-1662;
- - 6. twins:
Daniel Tuttle, born 13-Apr-1664;
Mary Tuttle, born 13-Apr-1664;
Tuttle, born 19-Nov-1666; baptised 21-Nov-1666;
married 28-Mar-1687 to John REED, 11 children; died
aft. 1724 in Norwalk, CT.
- David Tuttle,
born 14-Nov-1668 in New Haven, CT; married 24-Nov-1698
to Mary REED, 7 children; died c1751 in Norwalk, CT.
- ?Benjamin Tuttle, baptised 9-Jul-1671;
- died young.
- "Tuttle & Tuthill Lines in America",
compiled & published by Alva M. Tuttle; Columbus OH, 1968;
- "Descendants of William & Elizabeth Tuttle",
George F. Tuttle; Tuttle & Company, Rutland VT, 1883;
- The New Haven Magazine, Volume 8;
- "Hale, House, and Related Families",
Jacobus & Waterman, 1952;
- LDS Family Search Ancestral File, AFN: 1LTR-WN and