RICHARD TOOTILL / TUTTELL, born 15-Jun-1530
in Woodford, Northampton, England;
son of Thomas TOTEHYLL
born c1506 & ?Elizabeth MASON born 1510;
died 11-Mar-1589/90 in Petersborough, England, at age 59.
Supervisor of the will of Robert Beare of Woodford,
3-Nov-1579, and witness to the will of Elizabeth Lyncoln,
1556. His own will was proved 11-Mar-1589/90 at
Petersborough, with his wife Elizabeth and son Anthony as
?Married (1) c1550 in Woodford, Northampton, England, to Jowan
born __ in ?Northampton, England;
daughter of _____ GRAFTON born __ & __?__;
?died 1550's in England.
Married ?(2) c1555 in Woodford, Northampton, England, to Elizabeth ?LYNCOLN;
born c1534 in Woodford, Northampton, England;
daughter of ?Richard LYNCOLN born __ & __?__;
died after 1589 in England.
Children of Richard & Elizabeth:
- Elizabeth Tuttell, born c1556 in Woodford;
died aft. 1589 in Petersborough.
- Ellen Tuttell, born c1558; died aft. 1589 in
Tuttell, born c1560 in Ringstead, Northampton;
married c1592 to Isabel WELLS, 5 children; died 15-Jun-1630
- Mary Tuttell, born c1562 in Woodford; died aft.
1589 in Petersborough.
- Thomas Tuttell, born c1564; married 1580's to
Anne __?__, 3 children; died bef. 12-Dec-1640 at age
76, in ?Northampton.
- Anthony Tuttell, born c1566; died aft. 1589 in
- Frances Tuttell, born c1568; died aft. 1589 in
- "Tuttle and Tuthill Lines in America"
compiled by Alva M. Tuttle, Columbus, OH;
published privately in 1968;
- "Hale, House, and Related Families",
Jacobus & Waterman, 1952;
- Database information from Ancestry.com search
- Information on GenForum from Frances Walker