Notable projects & activities:
- Developed IBM-compatible SDLC drivers for the DUP11 synchronous line interface.
- Developed IBM 3790-compatible SNA terminal protocol support for RSX-11M and RSX-11D.
- Developed IBM 370X-compatible SDLC primary emulator for SDLC and SNA protocol testing.
- Particpated in DECnet Phase 2 design task force and ongoing DECnet Review Group (DRG)
- Alpha Test of RSX-11M/3790 Protocol Emulator on-site at Color Corp. in Milwaukee, WI.
[Color Corp. provided advertising and sales collateral for
the Woolworth retail chain using DEC digital typesetting. Woolworth Corp.
was an early adopter of IBM SNA networking in their corporate data center.]
- Invited speaker at DECUS (Digital Equipment Corp. User Society), Spring 1978 in
Chicago, on IBM-compatible communications products available from DEC
Documents, presentations, papers:
- Network Resource Control Protocol and the Node Resource Manager –
Preliminary Design Specification, Digital Equipment Corp. report DBT-77-002-02S, April 1977
- RSX-11M/3790 Protocol Emulator, RSX-11D/3790 Protocol Emulator –
product documentation, Digital Equipment Corp. (DEC), 1978